- Clean them daily. Proper denture care requires using a denture brush to rinse and brush your dentures, preferably in clean, warm water. Then soak them in a cleanser solution to help keep them white and bright & help prevent the build-up of bacteria.
- Brush gently. You’ll avoid damaging plastic or metal parts of the denture and as a further precaution, moisten the brush before using it.
- Brush your mouth too. Gums, tongue and natural teeth should be brushed with a fluoride toothpaste like Oral-B. It will remove plaque, stimulate circulation and maintain your oral health.
- Rinse. After brushing, give your mouth a refreshed feeling with a mouthwash.
- No DIY. Adjusting dentures by yourself may cause harm to your mouth. Trust your dentist or prosthodontist for advice and answers to specific questions about denture care and denture adhesive.
- No Hot Water. Don’t immerse your dentures in water that is too hot or boiling as it can damage the material.
Last but not least, keep your dentures moist when you’re not wearing them because otherwise you’ll risk of having them drying out and losing their shape, and if your denture has metal attachments, it’s safer to consult with your dentist for specific denture care advice.
As we’ve mentioned, with a little love, care and your favourite denture care products, your dentures will repay you with the ability to eat, smile and talk with confidence.