It’s that simple: eating is a big part of everyone’s social life. So if people know they’ll be able to eat their favourite foods with a denture, they’ll be less worried about wearing them. So stop craving for apples and corn on the cob and check this helpful guide on how to start eating with dentures:
- In the beginning it helps to start with soft foods, such as eggs, fish, cooked vegetables oroatmeal. After you feel more confident, try eating chewier foods, such as fresh celery or broccoli
- As you move to firmer foods, begin with small quantities of food cut into smaller pieces.
- When you put food in your mouth, chew half of it on the back-left side of your mouth andthe other half on the back-right side.
Using a denture adhesive like Fixodent can help you enjoy your food in two ways:
1. When eating with dentures, it keeps them firmly in place and
2. It creates a seal that helps to prevent food particles from entering the area between dentures and gums.
With your dentures and with Fixodent denture adhesive cream keeping them in place, you can start eating what you like, with whomever you like, confident that your dentures won’t let you down.