Whether you're considering new dentures or recently got them, there's a lot of information you'll need to get from your dentist. Here's a list of questions to help make sure you get the answers you need.
Questions to ask before getting new dentures
- Are there different types of dentures? If so, what kinds are there? How do I know what kind I need?
- Are there any advantages if I keep some of my teeth?
- What will new dentures feel like?
- Will I be able to eat and drink the same foods and beverages I enjoy now?
- Will foods and drinks taste differently?
- Are there any foods I should avoid to prevent damaging my dentures?
- Will I look different with new dentures?
- Will dentures hurt?
- Will new dentures affect my speech?
- How long should I wear my dentures each day?
- Are dentures easily breakable?
- How much do new dentures cost?
Questions to ask after getting dentures
- How do I take care of my mouth now that I have new dentures?
- How do I clean my dentures?
- Do I need to do anything special to take care of my dentures?
- Will my new dentures ever need to be replaced?
- How often should I visit the dentist now that I have dentures?
- My dentures don't seem to fit my mouth very well anymore. Why?
- Can I adjust my new dentures myself?
- Should I use a denture adhesive?
- How much denture adhesive cream should I use?
- What's the proper way to apply denture adhesive?